As we are heading into the final months of the school year, we have a lot to juggle. March is relatively low maintenance, but coming back from spring break will catapult us into the busy season! We hope this calendar of events and ways you can be involved helps with your planning! As we all know, we are losing two grades this year we will have many BIG shoes to fill, if you are a parent of a younger child, we are looking at YOU to step up!! Not sure how you can best serve the PTO? We are always here to help and answer questions. One of our teachers recently told me, that when she interviewed she asked, “What makes this school special?” and the answer was the parent involvement! To me, that says so much about this community. It takes a village, and we are one lucky village. Thank you for all that you do Montrose parents, you rock!
- March 14 LATE START and Bexley Pizza Plus night, please mention Montrose!! And PTO meeting at 7:00pm
- March 30 Orchestra concert
- April 6 Special Ed PTO 6:30 pm at Cassinham Complex
- April 11 LATE START, PTO meeting ( we will be discussing Teacher Appreciation week, join us!) 7pm
The Annual Montrose Fun For All will be held on Saturday, February 25, from 11:00AM-2:00PM at Montrose Elementary. The Fun For All is the annual school carnival, held in the gym, cafe and the ground level of the school. There are plenty of fun games to play, activities to take part in and the famous CAKE WALK.
You might be asking yourself, how can I help or be involved with one of the biggest PTO events of the year?
- You can Sign Up via the Sign Up Genius by CLICKING HERE and volunteer some time to help with the day of duties!
- You can donate cookies, cakes, cupcakes (packed in groups of 6) and candy jars for the very popular Fun For All Cake Walk.
- Offer to do small tasks (duct tape glow sticks, cut out snowflakes) in the comfort of your own home, prior to the event.
- ALL OF THE ABOVE! We really depend on you, and all our other PTO members, to help with our biggest event of the year.
We know that you are all busy, and life is especially crazy at this time of year, but we appreciate all of our parents and caregivers who are able to donate some time to help the PTO! If you have a high school student that would like to volunteer, they can sign up via the link above. Any questions or concerns can be directed to Alli Arney (email@example.com) or Emily Perfect (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The 2016 Bexley Festival Of The Arts was full of holiday cheer as shoppers strolled through Montrose, browsing items from vendors young and old. The live entertainment was outstanding, featuring choirs, orchestra, solo performers and hip hop crews.
Click HERE for a list of vendors that set up shop at this year’s Bexley Festival Of The Arts, in case you missed them. Some have links to their websites or social media pages.
Thanks to everyone that stopped in and the many volunteers that made the event a great success.